Delegates will develop knowledge from the FD & FA Foundation workshop and / or industry experience and apply this to the Installation of Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems.
This workshop provides an enhanced understanding of Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems and application of this knowledge to the Installation of Systems to BS 5839-1 and particularly how the installer may deal with issues not known to the designer of the system.
• Levels of protection – categories
• Types of Fire Detection & Fire Alarm Systems
• Siting of manual call points
• Siting of detectors and alarm devices
• Zoning requirements
• Audible and visual alarms
• Wiring types and systems
• Obstructions, pitched roofs
• Power supplies
• Cable testing
• Documentation & certification
• As fitted drawings
• Issues not known to the designer
• False alarms